*Costs listed are my personal costs, they will differ upon availability, location, brands, and sales.
Vegan Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Rum Glaze
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced $2.60
- 1/4 cup butter $1.00
- 1/2 cup sugar $0.15
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup spiced rum $1.00 *
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon $0.15
- 1/4 tsp salt $0.05
- 1/2 cup pecans $1.25
Total Cost: $6.20
Cost per serving: $1.24
*If you don’t want to use the rum, you can replace it with ¼ cup water and 1 tsp of vanilla or rum extract.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, add all of the ingredients except the potatoes and pecans. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans when done cooking. Pour the pecan glaze mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the pecan glaze mixture over the sliced sweet potatoes. Stir to coat.
- Place the potatoes into a 9×12 pan and bake at 400° F for 50 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
If you end up making this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nittygrittyvegan