Vegan Lemon Dijon Orzo Pasta Salad
Yield: Serves 8
- 16 oz Orzo (or pasta of choice) $1.49
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped $0.99
- 1 cup frozen green peas $0.50
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons $0.50
- 1/2 red onion $0.30
- 3 tbsp olive oil $0.40
- 4 tbsp lemon juice $0.30
- zest of lemon if desired
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard $0.17
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus salt for pasta water) $0.05
- 1 tsp garlic powder $0.05
- 1/2 tsp black pepper $0.05
Total Cost: $4.80
Cost per serving: $0.60
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the sauce ingredients to combine and set aside.
- Prep your veggies. Chop the kale. Peel and shave the carrot into ribbons. Dice the onion.
- Saute the onion and frozen peas for 5 minutes in a small skillet, stirring occasionally. Set aside
- Using olive oil if desired, saute the kale in the skillet for 5-8 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and add all of the veggies. Toss to combine and it’s ready to serve.
If you end up making this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nittygrittyvegan