*Costs listed are my personal costs, they will differ upon availability, location, brands, and sales.
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Makes approximately 30 cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter $2.75
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract $0.15
- 1 tsp orange juice (cost included with orange zest)
- zest of 1 orange $0.99
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for rolling the cookies $0.18
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour $0.18
- 1/4 tsp salt $0.01
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped $1.25
Total Cost: $5.51
Cost per cookie: $0.18
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, vanilla extract, orange juice, orange zest, and powdered sugar. Mix until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the flour, salt, and cranberries to the bowl and mix until combined to form a dough.
- Create 1/2 inch or 1 inch dough balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet(s).
- Place the cookies in a 400° F oven for 10-12 minutes. It is okay for the bottoms of the cookies to be golden brown, but you don’t want the whole cookie to be golden brown. The cookies will be very soft, but they aren’t under cooked. Once they cool, they will be firmer.
- Once the cookies have cooled slightly, roll them in extra powdered sugar to coat them and they are ready to be served.
If you end up making this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nittygrittyvegan